Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My journey into IIMB - CAT Day

Anyways, the D-Day arrived

Day of CAT, 2009 : Dec 6

Time : 10.00 A.M

Arrived at the center with no confidence at all. I explained to myself - you have nothing to lose, comeon. You never did any preparation for CAT, never cracked a single MOCK, so just chill. To my relief I had the company of my friend - Sahil - who at that point of time also was brewing with confidence of taming the dangerous CAT. I always liked his attitude of never giving up in any case. "I am always the best :) " - is his punch line - with that smile of course !!

Soon the process started in batches. My friend went in. I was in the last batch. After all the batches went it, our batch was told that our lab's computers have gone awry. There is high chance of our test getting postponed or even cancelled and we will be further notified about our next CAT exam day by mail. I was shocked - after just 5 days I had to leave for US on company 'trip' and what if the exam gets cancelled. I said to God - agreed that I was taking this exam lightly but it doesn't mean that You should also take this lightly. Suddenly God was showered with many 'Please don't do it to me, Please save me' requests. He said OK. Lab suddenly started functioning. We were called in. I was happy. The test went fine. Actually it was plain simple test. I called up my friend Sahil, thankfully his test also went fine. After completing this episode, I left for US for a month expecting that when I come back to India, I would see my CAT result- hopefully a good one.

Well what all happened after my India arrival, what the CAT result had in store for me, how things actually turned out to be - in the next chapter :)

Waiting for all friends' comments/suggestions on the above :)

Next Part Link - here
Previous Part Link - here

No comments:

Post a Comment