Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My journey into IIMB - The Interview Day

(You can read the First Part - here)

I can't forget the awesome and marvelous hotel on Juhu Beach - Hotel Sea Princess. I was the first one to reach the venue (as always). Slowly the whole batch assembled and the whole process started. The first part was Essay Writing. I think that I wrote quite a decent essay. "Your hand-writing was so decent and neat !!" - remarked a guy who had sat beside me for Essay Writing task. For a guy who has not penned down a single paragraph of even 10 lines after leaving college(it's almost two years that I have left the college), this comment really proved to be a big morale booster ! Somehow I started feeling that I will do well in interview as well.

One after the other my panel guys went in the interview room and each one came back with a smile on his/her face which clearly indicated that how well his/her interview had gone. It is a mixed sign actually for a person who is last to be interviewed in the group (Yes, I was the last !). Either the panel must have by that time decided and done with its quota of candidate selection and your interview is just a formality or TOO MUCH OPTIMISM would be that they still have not got the right one (at least ONE) so far, and they are eagerly looking for you to fit in that slot (if at all you are worth it).


"Kaustubh Agnihotri, please come in", I was called in. During the time I took, to get up from my chair till to knock on the door and ask the formal "Excuse me Sir, please may I come in", my whole life played a cine-style flashback before my eyes. Actually too many things were happening in very quick time. From nowhere, Aamir Khan's famous song suddenly chipped in the plot and my hand unknowingly started cajoling my heart - " Aal izz welll .... Kaustubh ... Aal izz well ..." It was simply incredible, this filmy type line really worked wonder for me. I too came out of the interview with a typical 'colgate' smile on face. (Since my idea to utilize this space is to only highlight my roller-coaster MBA Admission ride right from CAT Day till IIM-B Results day, I am not posting my IIM-B interview questions here)

Next Part Link - here
Previous Part Link - here

No comments:

Post a Comment