Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My journey into IIMB - I get a call from the place to 'B' !

Soon office work started taking better of me and I happily allowed it to do so, I just wanted to clear off my mind of any single thought of MBA this year, because my dream was simply not possible this year .... !! Hhmm .... may be possible, I thought. Ahhh ... hope never dies .... and in fact it should never do!! Somehow I felt that God will have some pity on the poor creature and the day of 7th March proved it right. I just could not trust my eyes - I was indeed called for IIM-B 's PI/Essay process. The first thing I did was I pinched myself - a quick reality check !!

Next 'smart' thing I did was that I enrolled for the GD/PI program of two well-reputed MBA institutes in Hyderabad. I was hoping that enrollment in these programmes will motivate me further, but these very damn classes each and every time made me realize how far far far behind I am .... in comparison to all other 'B' call-getters !! In fact in one of the MOCK Interview at one of these institutes, I was indeed mocked !! (Like ... tu bhi karega MBA ??? .... woh bhi IIM-B se ??) . My Statement of Purpose seemed to be more of a shocker to the MOCK interview panelists .... one of the panelists face gave me an impression as if I have written in my SOP that I indeed know where Osama Bin Laden is right now! (Meaning that I have all bluffed in the SOP because not even Laden himself must be knowing where he is right now :P)

A feedback message came for me after the interview; although the tone in which it was communicated to me was very sober (and very sweet too :P, in fact SHE was the only good thing that I found worth in that whole stupid course program :)), its crux was straight forward and rude .... Chod naa yaar .... kaha MBA karta hai ...mast job kar.... ye CAT , Interviews dena tere bas ki baat nahi .... waise bhi tune SOP itna mast likha hai .... ki use sirf dekh ke hi IIM-B waale khush ho jaenge !! (It's a figure of speech they had used - Euphemism - Harsh Words expressed in Mild Terms !)

After coming back home, I verified my SOP multiple times, to see if I have mentioned any 'objectionable' words in it or what. I did not find any. I decided no more MOCKeries now of self ! Whatever happens, I will face it in my interview - I told my decision to God. I got no reply back. I assumed it to be positive for me.(Sometimes when you are in pressure cooker situation and are expecting something good to happen, you take any damn thing happening around you as a good luck sign, even if has nothing to do or has no thing in relevance to that situation .... at least holds true for me). I was simply waiting for my day and it arrived very soon - 5th April.

Next Part Link - here
Previous Part Link - here

No comments:

Post a Comment