Thursday, May 20, 2010

India Bleeding - I

Dantewada - by this time must have become known to almost all those who take a slice of time out of their hectic schedule to either peek into the newspaper and go through the front page headlines or look at the media news channels updates. From suddenly no where this place has become an epicenter of war. A war BY the people of India AGAINST the people of India. Whether it is FOR the people of India or OF the people of India is altogether a different issue to debate and I don't have enough knowledge to comment on it either.

I was at Delhi airport when this news got flashed on the big plasma TV - "76 CRPF jawans killed in an ambush by the Maoists". At the same time there was a race going on between the news channels - who would be the first to bring in the LIVE visuals from the spot of encounter. A Hindi News Channel preferred to play safe ... rather than getting into the race it continued to air the show named something like
Shoaib-Sania ke Shaadi ka Sach ... at that time - 'The Wedding' was of more NATIONAL importance than this 'everyday' incident, it must have thought !!

No fault of the channel also ... the cruel fact is that a major chunk of the 'educated' junta likes to watch such 'masala' news more than any other dry, non-interesting stuff.


Well, coming back to why I am scribbling here ...
Yesterday I happened to go through an article by Arundhati Roy, who in this article of hers calls the Maoists as "Gandhians with Guns". Mahatma Gandhi - I don't know how 'He' would have reacted to this but my take is that Madam Arundhati should have at least thought for a moment before calling the murderers as 'Gandhians'. Also at the time when the real heroes of India were bleeding the so called "Human Right Activists" were probably sleeping like a log ... But an interesting fact is that as soon as even if a single terrorist (this term includes the Maoists also) is 'murdered' by the Indian Security Forces .... ooops .... sorry the real 'Terrorists' in their terms, these very same activists are in the front condemning the 'brutal act' - it's democracy at its best !!

Agreed that India is a country where an ordered pizza arrives before police at any place, but still all this is a temporary situation, I think so. Surely there would be light at the end of the tunnel. It's just a matter of time - yes - a huge wait has to be there. Probably it will not be possible in this era in which you and me are living. But it IS going to happen for sure.


It may be possible that I am sounding more philosophical, stupid ... whatever ... I don't care. Whatever I wrote above was my actual 'knee-jerk' reaction to Arundhati's say on her 'comrades' (Link posted above). Whenever I feel that my emotional limit of sustaining something is crossed, I can't live with it anymore.
It's simply 'Me' !! You will surely see more on this space whenever the 'Indian' in me feels offended again.

No comments:

Post a Comment