Monday, May 17, 2010

Those were the Best Days of My Life !!



I walked with my best friends across the campus towards my class, my final year engineering class. There was not even a single trace of any life in the college, except for we people .... me and my best pals .....

Another ten steps and there was our class with the doors shut !! Had a wish that the time stops at that very moment, but it was impossible, I knew. We opened the doors of the class for one last time ...Wished I could ask my teacher, "May I come in? (Please say NO :P) " and wanted to hear him shout , "You late again, come only for attendance " Looking at the walls and the desks .. all empty with quotes we wrote and the raised platform where the torture classes were held and the last benches, where we had fun, laughed, kicked out ... hiding from the teachers, pleading for attendance, million memories rolled like a muvee into our minds ... and there was complete silence for a moment .. and we smiled ... laughed !!!!!

We walked like heroes from the medieval times, jumped over the benches ... We drifted to our place ... sat there ... side seats..I didn't feel like the last day .... I feel like as if i was born in this college .... I feel like I was always here ...The entire class was still there alive .... the last benchers sleeping ... the gals chatting amongst themselves ... the teacher in his own world (?)

Sahil sitting besides me .... cribbing about something ..... Harshal sitting on first bench and even on this last day, taking down notes ... damn 'padhai baba' ..... Chaitanya trying talking to the gals outside the class (it's an audacity act he normally does and of course the gals didn't belong to VNIT :P)... Pravin making some sketches.. or bullshit poetry (don't underestimate his poetry skills, his poem has got published in one of the magazines also ... actually deserves some award :P).... Rahul engrossed in something ... God knows what (Even God must have got bored .... by hearing his dialogue of 'I hav got bored' over and over and over again)!! The 'Tech Wizard' ... Ankit ... Bill Gates was thinking upon some strategy to lure him in his company (Didn't have anything else to say about this 'great' ... and it's one and the same thing whether to say about what Ankit was doing or what Bill Gates was doing :P) Poor Me just looking here and there ....

Ghoda (don't know how he came to the class ... tughlul ... tughluk :P) waiting for the class to get over to go to canteen with Laddu (the only creature in hostel I know who used to be awake at 6 in the morning :-)) who along with Pandey (ye kya ho raha hai yaar !!) and Pappa (To Teacher -> aaj khush to bahut hoge tum ... aaj hum jo hai aapki class me :D ) had just arrived in the class (5 mins before the class begins ... oops ... ends :P). NVD lost in his own world (of ???) ... Awte showing keen interest in Teacher's talk (Displaying his Masters in Dramatics, Yes Sir, I am listening to you ..) .... till this time ... a whole Neural Network (or something weird the name of which even one must not heard) project idea was being contemplated in the great 'fuzzy' mind of Manu da .... Mahendar, Saurav and Paras ... all ... feeling sleepy .... Sushant and Munna... both ... helping them to stay 'alive' by cracking jokes (to understand these, one's IQ level should be tremendous !!) .... Mundhra (Who is he?? :P) ... present in 'invisible' mode in the class .... and like these many other actors/actresses performing their 'role' in the damn boring film called 'lecture' :D

For the nth time the class ended with "No attendence".... we usually hated this ....attendance ke liye hi to class kiya yaar ...but on that day the class has just simply ended for us ... and my friends ... who normally would have been chatting and laughing .... going for a chai... or a samossa ... or a lemon juice ... in our canteen, were very much lost in something !!

And we sat there ..... I closed my eyes, for the entire world outside the walls of the campus was calling me ...Wanted to attend one last lecture ... but this time there was no one to take that last lecture ...and there was that door... open ... and we wished all the time ... to run away ..... to bunk.. but this time it wasn't..... one last time .... one last time ... attended the class ... with no one .. just we best pals....!!


** - Write Courtesy Sahil (One of his senti mails)
** - I am sorry to miss out many names over here :-)

5 comments:

  1. Not very well written. Grammar is a very big part of writing anything. Also a topic which is dead. Use of full stops for interjections is worse. The worst part is that the title is also plagiarized. (no need to worry too much. Honest opinion. someone asked me to review. treat it as you wish)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chk d grammar..goes haywire at some points. Have read umpteen pieces on d same thing so dint really find it exciting. Thoh am not a big fan of nostalgia, so my opinion mit be biased. Its actually more of a weariness of having read too many nostalgic articles dan anything specific in urs. But ya, try being a lil more original..wud second Nada on dat. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thnks for the advi's'e (Poor Gramm'e'r :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog too :) Thanks for telling me. It made me really happy. I had stopped blogging after that post and managed to get back only recently.

    To all the comments above, being original is important, but it is more important to identify the core in you and 'write your mind'. As long as you know you're doing that, you don't have to worry about the minor stuff. Just be careful to be fair and not offend any one group as this is a public group. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sreya : Thanks a lot :) I will surely keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete